6 warnings you need a new roof
Most homeowners figure they need to repair or replace their roof once they spot a leak in their ceiling. A leak could be caused by different roofing problems. So, how do you determine if you need to repair or replace your roof problems? We wrote some helpful tips for you to pay attention to:
- Roof Age. Most professionals would agree that a typical roof will last for 20-25 years. Check how old your existing roof is if it was properly installed and ventilated. If you discover layers on top of your old roof, then chances are you need a new roof.
- Shingles Curling. The best way to see if your roof shingles are curling or deteriorating is from direct sunlight. If you notice shingles are losing its shape and quality, it could be possible that the roof is defective. Hire a local contractor to inspect your roofs.
- Roof Valleys. If your roof shingles are falling apart or missing in this area, it’s essential to get this fixed right away. Snow and rain flow through the valley and into the gutters. Failing to amend the issue will cause roof leaks.
- Missing Shingles. Shingles can take a beating from storms and severe weather, but if they are not installed correctly, can ultimately cost you dearly.
- Chimney Flashing. Another critical area you should be concerned about when inspecting your roofs. Your flashing.
- Shingle granules in the gutters. One of the most important home maintenance checklists is cleaning out any debris in your gutters. If you notice any Shingle granules inside, this is a common sign that your shingles are worn out and will need to be replaced.
If you noticed a problem on your roof, then consider hiring Advanced Roofing & Siding to take a look and provide information that you need to help better understand your roofs.