How to Tell That I Need New Siding?
Siding is extremely important for your home’s exterior! It is the first layer of defense that mother nature reaches, so making sure it is in working order will only help your home. As your home ages, and your siding starts to deteriorate there are a ton of issues that can arise. So, to help catch a major issue keep an eye out on the integrity of your siding. At Advanced Siding & Roofing we find that homeowners often realize that they need new siding far later than when actually needed it by.
Be sure to notice that your siding is failing before it seriously affects other assets of your homes! Not sure when your home’s siding is starting to fail? Here are so tips to help you out.
- Homes Needs To Be Painted Frequently: You shouldn’t have to paint your home every few years. Even once every 5 years is too often. If your paint is flaking off or really losing its color it may be a waste of money to keep on painting it when you can get a new siding install.ly
- Siding is Rotting or Warping: If you have cedar wood look for rotting and if you have vinyl look for warping. One trick to tell that your siding may be rotting is to take a heavier object and lightly tap parts of your siding.
- Paint or Wallpaper Loose Inside Your Home: If notice that your inside walls have paint or wallpaper that are loose then that usually means moisture is behind those walls. Your roof, siding, gutters and more could be to blame.
- Cracked or Loose Siding: This is usually much easier to notice but siding that is noticeably coming off your house or that is cracked is a big problem.
- Heating & Cooling Bills On The Rise: Poorly performing siding and insulation behind it can be a major reason that your home is not sealed tightly. Also look at your doors, windows and roof because this is money that doesn’t need to be wasted.
- Siding’s Initial Installation Date: If you are really skeptical of your home’s siding, do some research to find out how long it has been protecting your home. Depending on the material, manufacturer and installation date you can get a rough estimate if it is coming to the end of its life cycle.
If you aren’t sure if you need new siding, please feel free to reach out. Our team at Advanced Siding & Roofing has been replacing and repairing siding materials on homes since 2000. We are happy to inspect your home, make recommendations and provide a free estimate. Also, if you aren’t sure what type of siding you want, we specialize in a wide variety. Depending on your style, preferences, and budget we can work with you.
We can be reached over the phone at 1-978-440-5020 or through our online contact form.